Father Duc Bui, Pastor
Father Domingo Cruz, In-residence
12911 East Main Street
P.O. Box 10
Larose, LA 70373
TBD - President TBD - Vice President
Dianne Badeaux - Treasurer TBD - Secretary
CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS
Article I - Name
The name of the organization here in described shall be "Ladies Altar Society of Our Lady of the Rosary Parish". The Ladies Altar Society shall consist of the "General Membership" and the "Executive Board".
1. The "General Membership" consists of all members in good standing.
2. The "Executive Board" consists of all officers and priests.
Article 2 – Purpose
1. (a) To serve God and his people through the ''up-keep" of the interior of the church.
(b) The spiritual advancement of the members through their service, worship and social activities.
2. (a) The purpose is achieved through cleaning and maintenance of the interior of the church.
(b) Taking care of all those things required for sacred worship and use.
(c) Through volunteer efforts and agreed arrangements to accomplish this purpose.
Article 3 – Membership
1. Any lady of Our Lady of the Rosary Church Parish of senior high school age or older may qualify for membership.
2. They will be selected:
(a) According to their willingness to serve the purpose of the organization.
(b) Having attended at least one meeting prior to acceptance. Having been voted upon by the "General Membership".
(c) Willingness to pay the customary membership dues.
i. When a member reaches the age of 70 and has been in the Society 25 years, she need not pay dues any more.
Article 4 - Officers
1. (a) President, who presides over all meetings, supervises the work of other officers and committees, represents the organization at official functions and appoints committees.
(b) Vice-President assists the president and takes her place when she is unable to perform her duties.
(c) Secretary, notifies members of scheduled meetings through the church bulletin, keeps and reads the minutes at all meetings, handles correspondence and files copies of committee reports.
(d) Treasurer, handles all the organization's finances, keeps a record of income and expenses, prepares financial reports given at meetings. She requests and makes an offering for a mass upon the death of a member.
2. The term of office shall be for:
(a) PRESIDENT - - - - - - - - - - - - 2 years
(b) VICE-PRESIDENT- - - - - - - - 2 years
(c) SECRETARY- - - - - - - - - - - - 2 years
(d) TREASURER- - - - - - - - - - - - 2 years
Elections are held every two years, beginning October 1971.
3. Officers shall be elected by the "General Membership" present.
Article 5 – Committees
1. "Standing Committees" may be created according to the needs of the organization by the vote of the "General Membership" present.
2. The president may appoint "Special Committees".
3. The president chooses committee members and chairpersons.
Article 6 – Meetings
1. Meetings will be held in February, September, and October with the social in April.
2. Special meetings shall be called by the president upon need through due notification.
3. Meetings should be conducted according to a standard procedure.
|Anointing of the Sick|
|Lectors / Commentators|
|R C I A|
|Retreats & Programs|
|Why We Believe|
|Why We Worship|
|Why We Confess|
|Holy Name Society|
|Ladies Altar Society|
|Knights of Columbus Council 8898|
|St. Vincent de Paul Society|
|Parish Ministry Directory|
|Add to Prayer List|
|Join Email List|
|Pray the Rosary|